Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Baby Sweaters Needed for Newborn Lambs

I have an online friend who lives in Kansas and is in desperate need of newborn to child sized baby sweaters for her newborn lambs. Here is her appeal and where to send the sweaters if you are able to donate. If you can help, I know Brenda and her lambs will really appreciate it.

Hi to everyone, I have been quite absent here, there and everywhere as I am up to my ears in lambs since Christmas and with the frigid temps I am in desparate need of used baby sweaters and I thought this might just be a good place to find some since I know there are lots of mommies here.
I normally have a stock of these but last year I didn't have much time to shop and with all the twins and triplets this year I am way short and its really harshly cold so these babies need sweaters. I normally buy these at local thriftstores but there just aren't any there now in the towns near my house.. The other used clothing stores i haunt are about an hour away and I just can't leave the farm for that long with all these bottle babies, I just don't have the time as I only have about one hour before I have to start the bottle cycle over again so.... my plea is this, if any of you young mommies have old baby sweaters - the smaller the better preferably preemie or newborn size, even 3 months is good and you want to get rid of them and would be taking them to goodwill or somewhere and want to donate them to a fiber worthy cause and warm up some sweet and very cute little lambs, I would be happy to pay the postage. I can use larger sizes as well, but am in desparate need of the tiny ones.
They don't need to be nice or fancy, so typical garage sale/thrift store stuff is fine stained, or damaged is fine too because i have to throw them away when they are done as they get pretty messed up. I would love to knit beautiful little fair isle felted sweaters for everyone but unfortunately its just impractical because they can only be used for a very short time and it would break my heart to throw them away when they get all lamby :o). I also have to trim away parts - so they can just be any old thing. Sweatshirts are fine too, but the heavier the fabric the better, some fleece is a little too thin to do much good. Just think below zero temps and they have a little bit of wool undershirt but not much yet.
Wool sweaters of course are the absolute warmest and best but are very hard to find - so I would love those in ANY child size and I can felt and shrink them into the perfect lamby sweater - I can usually only find a few of those each year.
The other thing is I need these pretty quickly so the sooner the better, and if you just have a couple, first class postage should get here soon enough. Please don't send priority because the costs will just add up too high for me to compensate you. First class or pacel is fine. Hopefully I will get a few quickly, so I don't need all of them immediately. If you will email me your postage costs and paypal address, I will paypal it back to you. Also if you need to be paid for the sweaters rather than donate them, just let me know as I can pay a dollar or two for each sweater if you want to be reimbursed for them, please let me know ahead of time so I can determine how many i can purchase.
if you just want to donate please send to
Natchwoolie Lambs
P O Box 523
Osawatomie KS 66064
and email your postage costs to wool at natchwoolie.com along with the exact paypal address you wish to be reimbursed.
Thanks to all and any help will be greatly appreciated by the lambs! Maybe I can do a flash mob lamb fashion show if i get a warm sunny day.
Brenda

No comments:

Post a Comment