Monday, September 13, 2010

'Tis a Gloomy Day

It's a rainy, gloomy day and I'm still here, dyeing, reskeining, labeling, blending batts, knitting and generally surrounded by tasks of a fiberous nature preparing for the Southern Adirondack Fiber Festival, which takes place September 25 and 26. It's fun, but exhausting, and leaves not much time for anything else, although I did go to our spinning group on Saturday. It was a gorgeous day, and spent with good friends-laughing, eating, and spinning too. We had the opportunity to buy some mohair right off the goats too, but I didn't get any this time, although I did get some black alpaca and mohair roving from Angel to put in my Midnight Spindies batts for October.

I am also knitting a shawl that will be a sample garment at the festival to show that sock yarn can be used for things other than socks. It's Luciole, a Knitspot pattern, and it's been a fun knit. I think it's a great first lace project because all the purl rows are purl back which gives the new
lace knitter a chance to breathe for a row. I'm thinking positively that it will be done in time.

Here are a few photos of the results of my days of dyeing. Sorry for the obviously flash photos, but as I said in the title, it is a very gloomy day. Which means it's a great day to be dyeing because I don't feel that I am missing out on a beautiful fall day.

Seamus has arrived to lie on my right arm, which makes typing a bit difficult, so I guess it's time to go. I need to eat breakfast and get to the dyeing anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment