Friday, April 24, 2009

I Think Spring Might Really Be Here

Today was a beautiful, warm, sunny day and it was truly wonderful to be outside in the sunshine. Now if we can just continue in this weather direction life will be good. The tulips and daffodils are up about 4 inches, and some hyacinths are showing their lovely purple blooms.

I finally went to the doctor on Wednesday and discovered that I have strep throat, a sinus infection and an ear infection. No wonder I had no energy and a searingly painful throat. Due to the wonders of modern medicine I am feeling better now and can actually swallow without flinching-quite a delight.

I have moved on from knitting dishcloths, another sign of my healing. I finished two pairs of socks I have been working on, and am now working on finishing a third pair. The socks I am working on are bed socks made with worsted wool and mohair with 32 stitches, so they go really quickly and are very soft and warm to wear.

I am at a loss as to what to do for my next project. Nothing seems to be appealing to me. I want to knit a February Lady's Sweater, but am not sure what yarn to use. I think it may be time to do a little stash diving to see what I can come up with. And perhaps as my health improves, my desire to knit will improve as well.

I think it's time for bed. Not a very scintillating post I am afraid. I'll try to do better next time.

I'll leave you with a picture taken in the beauty shop where I recently had my hair cut. Love the red and blue wigs-I think I will go for the blue color next time. What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are on the mend! I didn't know you had a sister in Vermont. Let me know if you get here and Betsey and I will meet you for lunch! Susan Foster

    ReplyDelete