Wednesday, December 23, 2009

A quick post, after a day of Christmas cookie baking with Conor, Travis and Alyssa. Lots of fun, and good cookies made. We have cut the types of cookies down considerably. We decided the types that were required to make each of us happy, and that is what we are making. Peanut blossoms (with Hershey kisses on top) were favorites of everyone and we had to make Candy Cane Cookies because I don't think there has been a Christmas that I haven't had those cookies. The original recipe was torn out of a woman's magazine in the 1950's by my mom. We made date filled cookies for my brother Tim and chocolate chip cookies, using the original Nestle's Toll House Cookie recipe cut from the back of the package by my grandmother, for my brother James. It's nice to be making these memories with my children. We listened to old fashioned Christmas music as we were baking. The kids have gone to get Taco Bell now. Ah, to be young again and able to eat fast food at 1 a.m.

We didn't do much decorating this year, but the Christmas figural candles were brought out and put out by Caitlin and Travis last week. We have just a few. I couldn't get them all into the photo, so had to take two. Some of these are from my childhood, some friends have given me, and some I have bought on E-bay. It's not Christmas without them. It turns out that the tiny Christmas tree in the first picture in the front to the right of the cat in the boot is the favorite candle of both Travis and Caitlin.



I must go to bed. Tomorrow is our 2nd annual White Christmas viewing party. Travis made homemade French Onion dip, which is awesome and he's making more appetizers tomorrow, and it's going to be a fun time. Andrea is coming, and has never seen the movie, so I'm excited to be initiating her into the White Christmas tradition. I can't wait to see Bing and Rosemary and Danny and hear all those wonderful songs again.

No comments:

Post a Comment