Tuesday, December 8, 2009

A quick post before bed. I am very tired from shoveling ice bergs from the end of the driveway. I've never seen such large chunks of ice created by a plow. And that darn Conor has been going to school, so he wasn't here to help. Advil and a heating pad will be my friends tonight.

I spent the afternoon making my portion of the December Spindies paint box. The color this month is champagne. I combined cormo wool, milk fiber, soysilk and angelina. They are very beautiful, if I do say so myself, but I haven't had a chance to photograph them. I need to build a light box now that I can no longer count on being able to take photos outside.

I have some good news. My cousin did very well with her surgery and there is minimal speech or vision loss, and what has been lost should return in time. She will be going home soon. It is a wonderful thing.

My niece Emma, who has been severely anemic, and was told she might have Crohn's disease or Celiacs was found to have a polyp, which is a runner's polyp and was probably the cause of her anemia, so that was excellent news also. I have been saying for years now that exercise is really not all it's cracked up to be, and this is positive proof. It can actually endanger your health.

Jane is feeling a bit stronger. She made a trip to the grocery store with Marty, something she hasn't done in a while. Sometimes it is the little things that make all the difference

Tim has spent a few days in Melbourne and is enjoying it, and is now heading to Tanzania, which is a 12 hour ferry ride from Melbourne. I told him about the lovely weather we have been having, and he tried to make me feel better with the news that the temperature is in the mid-50's and it is rainy, but it didn't help much. Here is a link to photos of his trip from Sydney to Melbourne.

Yesterday was a snowy, freezing rain, windy day here in Massena, but the wonderful school superintendent decided not to cancel school, despite the fact that all the other schools in the area closed. He did an early dismissal at 1:45, which is 40 minutes before school is normally out, right when the freezing rain was starting. We were not very happy with this decision. I drove Conor to school, got stuck going up a hill, finally got going and spun out and had a lovely slide from lane to lane, but was not hurt. The traffic coming toward me stopped and I got the car under control before I reached them. It was quite an adrenaline rush. I came home and spent the rest of the day knitting. Trina came for a long visit, as did my neighbor Neeny who was off from school, and Suzanne stopped by as well. It was wonderful being inside with knitting and friends.

My third red scarf is done. I ended up doing a basketweave out of some Knitpicks Alpaca I had in my stash. I am now going back to frantic Christmas knitting. I am making Travis a Rasta hat. It takes a long time to knit a hat that will contain all those dredlocks. Right now Gerard is guarding it while sleeping.

Isn't he cute. It is a good thing that he is cute. I just went to make a cup of Stash Lemon Ginger tea, yum, and walking past my spinning wheel noticed that something has chewed through the drive band. I am 99% sure it would be that cute cat-maybe that is why he is hiding his eyes. It's not really a problem except that the last time I remember having the string I use for the drive band was when I gave it to Travis to truss a roasted chicken. What are the odds that it was returned to my spinning basket? Not very high.

My typing has become dyslexic, so I thinkcit is time to toddle up to bed. Clean flannel sheets tonight-yippee.

1 comment:

  1. I have clean sheets too! A wonderful thing. I made soup. You would be very proud of my accomplishment. It actually tastes really good. Finally got the temp up in the shop.

    ReplyDelete