Friday, July 30, 2010

July's Penultimate Post

Time for another July post-sorry it's been a while. Time is just flying by. Today was a beautiful day spent at the Canton Farmer's Market spinning, chatting, and selling a little yarn.

There were also hula hoopers hooping it up to disco music. Lots of fun to watch.

I spent the beginning of the week at Camp Fi-Be-Gar with my children, some of their friends, and my friend Andrea, there to help me lend some adult sanity to the days. We went not knowing if we would have running water because we have had some issues this summer, it was sporadic, but it worked-nothing like being able take a hot bath and flush a toilet. We were treated to some fabulous food from the four professional cooks who were with us. Lots of time spent spinning on the front porch with Andrea and enjoying campfires with the kids, some swimming took place too, and a mountain was climbed, but not by me.

Here is Begonia doing her job keeping her people safe. She won't swim when the kids are swimming.


The camp isn't really on fire. I'm sure there is an explanation for why this happens which could be explained by someone who understands photography, but that would not be me.


One of the campfires. I think my children are maturing. I was not once in fear that we would catch a tree on fire this time. The campfires were not five feet high. It was great.


Andrea. Conor and I left early Wednesday morning. We took Conor to work at The Whiteface Club in Lake Placid, and then we went back to Saranac Lake where our spinning group was meeting at Eloise's house. It's a tiny house, but we all managed to fit in, although a couple people were sitting in doorways. It was a beautiful and enjoyable day.

Vernice and Barbara.

Holly and Dee, notice Holly has her very own spinning space on the porch.

Barbara again, Andrea peeking out of her spinning nook and Carolyn.

Time to unload the car and start packing for my trip to Harrisville Designs for Lynne Vogel's Spinning, Knitting and Dyeing class. It's my 4th year going, and it is such a hoot-a wonderful group of women, awesome teacher and I learn lots of new techniques too.

1 comment:

  1. the wonderful pirate cashmere yarn is on hannah's bedside table, a little present for her return. enjoy harrisville and i want a full report next friday market! i well remember last year's samples.

    ReplyDelete