Saturday, February 19, 2011

Silk has arrived in the North Country!

Yesterday was an exciting day. I received an order of recycled silk ribbons and pulled sari silk. I can't wait to get them in the shop and will be working on it over the next few days. I can see so many possibilities for working with the silk ribbons-weaving, add ins for art batts, splitting them and knitting directly with the ribbon, or using the ribbon to knit along with yarn are just some of the ideas. I'm also thinking of making bracelets by wrapping the silk around a bangle bracelet. Having lived through the 80's and not being good at getting rid of things, I may have a bangle bracelet or two hidden away.

I'm also doing a small shop update this weekend with some silks, milk fiber and superwash laceweight merino yarn.

Superwash merino laceweight yarn called "Red Hot Moon".

Align Center
Milk Latte Fiber


Mulberry Silk brick


This is also an exciting weekend because it is Phat Fiber box drop day today. The theme for the month is Gems and Minerals. I submitted batt samples in Aquamarine and Merino, Cashmere, Nylon fingering weight sock yarn.

Here's the amethyst sock yarn.

And the aquamarine batt samples.


I went to visit my darling children at the beginning of the week, which is their weekend since they work in the hospitality industry. I returned home to find this sight in my shop living room.



I'm thinking the cats had something to do with it. My poor table will never be the same after having such pressure on the leaf, but the lamp survived! Those darn cats.

No comments:

Post a Comment