Friday, September 18, 2009

Update

Things here are still pretty awful. I have spent many hours at the nursing home this past week, being with my Mom. It has been a very painful, heart breaking process to experience. The good thing is that we are able to keep her comfortable and without pain. Yesterday she was quite perky, and was much more alert than she has been. A Great Dane came to visit her, which put a big grin on her face, a wonderful thing to see. Mom also has Pumpkin, a nursing home cat, who spends many hours sleeping next to her on her bed. I know that brings her a great deal of comfort.

Today, though, she has taken a turn for the worse, and is having great trouble breathing, and she has had a fever at times, and at other times seems really cold. It was very difficult leaving her tonight, but I had to go and pick up Tim, who has been able to come home and work from here. Poor Tim had a 9 hour bus ride to get here, but I am very happy he was able to come.


In between nursing home visits I have been running home to try and get a little dyeing done for the Southern Adirondack Fiber Fest that is next weekend. This is some of the yarn I had dyed earlier, on a chair on the porch at camp. I spent a peaceful afternoon on the porch re-skeining the yarn while chatting with friends who came to visit for the afternoon.

I had better get to bed. I'm thinking that tomorrow is going to be another stressful, busy day.

1 comment:

  1. I am thinking of you. Just went through this with my sister in July. Her kitty Harley stuck by her til the end and was a great comfort. I was in total awe of the Hospice nurses. I will admit that the 7 weeks she was ill were the longest of my life, and though I grieve daily, I am thankful that she is at Peace. My thoughts are with you. Susan Foster

    ReplyDelete