Monday, October 12, 2009

It's Almost Time for Rhinebeck!!!

It's almost time to go to Rhinebeck and the New York State Sheep and Wool Festival. I am really excited to be going, although it looks like it may be a bit rainy, or even snowy on Friday. That's OK though. I have learned that when packing, layers are a good thing to remember. I am going to work really hard at not letting the wool fumes overtake me, and I am actually going to write myself a list of what I am looking for, rather than wandering aimlessly with no plan as to what I need to buy. That's my plan, we will see how it goes.

I thought I would share a few pictures from last year.

Beautiful fall foliage.

Sheep that look like cows.

Judy, my friend, checking out her loot on a little rest break.

This is what I plan to eat for lunch both days, chicken pot pie and a baked potato. Maybe a few too many carbs, but it's only once a year.


We definitely have to have a meal at the Eveready Diner. Last year our motel was right across the street, which was quite convenient.


I decided today that I needed a new scarf to wear at Rhinebeck, as well as a pair of fingerless mittens. I chose some merino/mohair worsted weight yarn that I had dyed in the colorway "Lichen".

I am knitting a Knitspot pattern, la Novia and am enjoying the knit, it's going quickly and I think that I may actually finish in time.

Time for Dancing With the Stars. I hope to see some of you on the fair grounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment