Thursday, April 9, 2009

Do Baby Chicks Mean It's Spring, Even If It's Freezing Out?

It's Mud Season!

But Mud Season is also the season for baby chicks!



And cats taking an afternoon snooze together.


I took these pictures while I was at work today.  I've been told that when I see the chicks next week they will look very different because they grow quite rapidly.  They were entertaining to watch, walking on top of each other and being awake one minute, and asleep with their heads in the slots of the feeding tray the next.

Aren't Simon Peter and Philemon cute sleeping together?  I think they were huddled together for warmth.  It was windy and cold today, but at least the sun was shining.

I have been busy the last few days with some dyeing, and I've had a wonderful time making some new batts for my etsy shop.  It's so much fun blending the colors.  My favorite part is putting the sparkly bits in.  I'm hoping to get some photos taken tomorrow, so I can list the batts before I head south to take Conor to meet friends who will take him off to New Jersey for spring break.

This departure means that I will be home all alone.  What will I do with no one to ask me what's for dinner at 2:00 in the afternoon, and no one to ask if he can use my car, and no size 12 sneakers to trip over when I walk in the door?  It will be good practice for when he goes away to college.  Seems like a small road trip for me might be in order.  I'll have to think about that.  Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment