Sunday, April 5, 2009

Likin' my Lichen

In February I went for a walk in the Adirondacks and one of the photos I took was this lichen colored log.  I love the silvery green color of lichen and wanted to try to reproduce it on fiber and yarn.


This was taken as the fiber was drying outside.  (I do vaguely remember that we had a sunny day a couple of weeks ago when I was able to dry fiber outside.)  I think this color is pretty close to the color in the picture.


And here is another photo of the dried fiber getting ready to be listed in my etsy shop.

Guess what the colorway name is?  Lichen.  Aren't I clever?

Time for a cup of tea and a gingerbread muffin and bed.  I found the best Irish Breakfast tea at Hannaford's, called Thompson Family Teas Punjana Irish Breakfast Tea.  It's really yummy, yummy enough that I had it instead of coffee for an afternoon pick me up yesterday.  

No comments:

Post a Comment