Tuesday, June 9, 2009

A Busy Dyeing Day

It was a busy dyeing day. I dyed my first silk, which was very exciting and not the way I usually dye. It is a wonderful thing that I am able to have a stove to use just for dyeing. I also did some more milk fiber, differently from the last time, so it will be interesting to see how that comes out. I will be rinsing everything tomorrow. I hope the weather is nice so the fiber can dye outside.

Not much else to report. I am wet and tired and on my way to bed. I am sort of a messy dyer, and have a tendency to soak myself in one way or another when I dye. Today I spilled dye on the floor, but fortunately it was a non-toxic dye. Again, I am lucky I have a designated area for dyeing where I can't hurt anything.

Doesn't it look like a wonderful place to spend hours and hours? When we bought this house I thought it was nice there was a sink in the basement, but never could have envisioned how it is being used now. Another affirmation that life is full of interesting surprises.

No comments:

Post a Comment