Monday, June 8, 2009

Phat Fiber Samples On Their Way

I finished my Phat Fiber samples and they are on their way to Phat Fiber headquarters. There were two types of batts, one wool and one alpaca, and a sample of a new sock yarn base. It is merino wool, alpaca and nylon and is very, very soft.

Here are all three samples.


This is the sock yarn. I apologize for the fuzziness of the picture. Maybe some of the softness and fuzziness of the fiber translated to the photo.

The brown batt on the left is alpaca, superwash merino, and angelina and the batt on the right is several different types of wool and angelina.

It was fun creating the batts. I think making batts is one of my favorite things to do. I find that it is a great stress reliever, almost as good as spinning. And a much better upper body workout.

Tomorrow was supposed to be our first day at the farmer's market, but because it is supposed to be a very rainy day we have decided to wait until Friday to start. Rain and fiber don't go well together. I am excited about doing the farmer's market, not only because I hope to sell a lot of fiber, but because I am looking forward to access to wonderful produce this summer. Canton is about 30 miles away, and I would not go there on a regular basis just to go to the market, but will enjoy taking advantage of the bounty of St. Lawrence County farms once I am there. It is a perfect location too-set in a park surrounded by an ice cream stand, a cafe with wonderful food and coffee and a yarn store in case we should ever have an yarn or needle emergency. Can't wait to start.

I'll leave you with a picture of Gerard sleeping next to May's Phat Fiber box, and on top of the tissue paper that was in the box. He is always interested in the box when it comes. That cat knows quality yarn and fiber when he sees it.

No comments:

Post a Comment