Saturday, June 20, 2009

Home Again

I'm home from Harrisville, exhausted and happy to be here. It was a fun class and I spent a lot of time knitting on tiny (000) needles. Here is what I accomplished.

What was accomplished was one wrist warmer, about 16 rows of one pattern and 3 rows of another pattern. The Bohus yarn is some of the softest I have ever felt. It is wool and angora and has a beautiful halo when knit. I also learned a lot about the Bohus Stickning knitting tradition, met some fun and interesting women, did a little bit of shopping and ate some great food.

Here is a close-up of the wrist warmer. It is a small portion of one of the Bohus patterns made with real Bohus yarn from Sweden.

Despite the fact that I consumed massive quantities of caffeine on my way home, I can't seem to keep my eyes open, so I will return with a more extensive report tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment