Friday, May 29, 2009

Farmer's Markets Are Fun

I'm excited!  Two friends, Angel and Andrea, and I are going to be vendors at a local Farmer's Market in Canton from June until the end of October.  Angel had a herd of alpacas until recently, and has lots and lots of alpaca fiber in many forms,  and Andrea has alpacas and Cotswald sheep, so we will have a nice mix of products to sell.  Andrea and I are going to scope out the situation on Tuesday.  I think it will be a blast, and maybe I can sell some yarn and fiber too.  

I'm busily making batts for the Phat Fiber Box for June.  It seems like I just sent in May's samples, but I guess that it has been a  month.  How time flies when you're having fun.  Last month I sent in 4 ounces of "Marilla's Garden" as a giveaway.  Reading the comments on my yarn and fiber has been a very uplifting experience.  I realize that people are writing the comments in order to try to win something, but it's not necessary to say such kind things in order to win.

Conor made brownies again tonight.  Yuummm!  He used to make chocolate chip cookies when he was in the mood for something sweet, has discovered it's even easier to make brownies.  He is using the One Bowl Brownie recipe on the Baker's Unsweetened Chocolate box.  I am not a fan of really sweet things, so I asked Conor to use less sugar, and I think I could eat half of the pan at least.  They are scrumptious.  But I am exercising self-restraint, although it is not easy.

Last night I was on-line and I got a google message from Tim who is in Paris until Sunday.  My mind has a hard time wrapping itself around the idea that I was sitting in my living room in Massena at 8:00 at night talking to my son who was sitting in bed in a hotel room in Paris, France and it was 2:00 a.m.  The internet is a wonderful thing.  I can't wait until I can see him and hear all about it, as well as see the pictures he has taken.

Here is a picture of one of the yarns I dyed last weekend.  It looks like a sunset and is called "Tangerine Sky".  It is a very summery looking colorway and I'm really pleased with the way it came out.
  
 Here's some more "Rainbow Connection" yarn on the drying rack.  I think this is an awesome rainbow colored yarn.  It seems that a rainbow yarn would be an easy colorway to create, but getting just the right combination of red, orange, yellow, green, blue and violet is not as easy as it seems.  I am quite pleased with what I have achieved here.

This is a batt I made from some of Angel's alpaca fiber and green wool that I dyed, along with a bit of Angelina for sparkle.  The picture does not do the fiber justice.  It reminds me of mint chocolate chip ice cream.  I think that making batts is the most fun thing. It is a way to be creative because there are an infinite variety of options when making the batts in terms of the materials used.
 

I have added these three products, along with several other yarns and fiber, to my etsy shop over the last few days.  Fun, fun, fun.

1 comment:

  1. i love the tangarine colour..that is a really pretty one..good job

    ReplyDelete