Saturday, July 11, 2009

Spindies Art Fiber Festival

I am happy to share with you the formation of a Congo on Hyenacart called Spindies Art Fiber Festival. It offers the opportunity to look at and purchase dyed and undyed fiber and handspun yarn from the shops of 13 Indie dyers gathered all together in one place, hence the Fiber Festival in our name. We are also offering fiber club in 3, 6 or 12 months, with each month being dyed by a different dyer, which I think is a truly awesome opportunity to obtain some beautiful fiber.

I feel honored to be involved in this venture with so many talented women! Stop by and take a look. My shop is a bit empty right now, but this is one of my listings. It reminds me of a creamsicle. The cream portion is mulberry silk, and the orange is hand dyed, hand carded BFL. I plan to spend tomorrow dyeing so will have the store better stocked soon.

The sun finally shone and we were able to go to the Canton Farmer's Market yesterday. It was a lovely day to sit in the sunshine and spin, and to sell a few bracelets and some yarn and fiber too! Holly stopped by and joined us for a bit of spinning. It's also wonderful seeing all the vegetables that are being produced here in Northern New York despite the lack of sunshine this year. I bought some yummy new potatoes and broccoli and had them for supper that night.

Today I went and met Jodi and her family in Potsdam at the Summerfest. We had an 80% chance of rain today, but it held off until we were almost done enjoying the craft fair. I was very strong and didn't buy the other 1/2 of the alpaca blanket that Jodi purchased. It was beautiful fiber, but I keep reminding myself of all the fiber that is in my house, and think that I need to sell some of what is here before I purchase more. Poor Jodi had to go home and finish packing as she and her family are moving to Florida and Jodi and her children are leaving tomorrow. I'll miss her, but hope that she'll be able to come to Rhinebeck this fall and we'll see her there.

I spent the rest of the day spinning and watching Harry Potter movies on TV. I am instantly transported to the movie theatre in Atlantic Highlands when I hear the theme music for the movies. I am spinning more of the two pounds of this fiber that I was spinning on Wednesday.

It would be great if I could finish it before the Tour de Fleece is over. It is fun to spin because it has so many pretty, but subtle colors. I am looking forward to plying it and seeing how the two bobbins combine to create some beautiful yarn. If I finish it, I can reward myself with purchasing more fiber from the same vendor when we go to Rhinebeck this fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment