Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year

It's hard to believe that 2009 has arrived. I've been thinking about starting a blog for a long time, and set a goal to start one in 2009, so here goes. I am looking forward to a year of dyeing, knitting and spinning, and building my business as well. I have such a good time dyeing yarn and fiber, and will be sharing my adventures here.



I am writing this post in a very awkward position as my cat Gerard Fuzzywinkles enjoys a nap on my lap. It is only 8 degrees outside, so I am enjoying the warmth he is providing.

I started the new year knitting a pair of thrummed mittens using my hand dyed yarn and fiber while waiting for my son to return from his New Years Eve festivities. I made a whole mitten, except for the thumb, so that means he was out quite late. I have been having a fun time putting together thrummed mitten kits, and knitting mittens as well. They are so soft and warm and really keep my hands warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment