Sunday, January 4, 2009

A Lazy Sunday

There is not much dyeing, spinning or knitting that was done today. I have been working on creating a web site, and despite the claims of the program I am using, it is not easy, but I am making progress. It won't be fancy at first, but at least it will be a web site.

It probably doesn't help that I am developing a cold, and that means my thought processes get a little muddy. Conor and I went to the grocery store this afternoon and I discovered that Puffs have tissues that are scented with Vicks Vaporub. I guess I haven't been paying attention to advances in tissue design. This discovery made me happy because the scent of Vicks reminds me of childhood and being taken care of. Finding the tissues means if I must have a cold, at least I can have Vicks without walking around smelling like Vicks, and can be transported back to a happy childhood memory.


I finished a pair of thrummed mittens last night. I would show you a picture of them, but I have discovered that the cord for my camera has disappeared and the last time I used it was before Christmas, so it may never reappear. I was in Office Max this afternoon and would have bought another cord if my stuffy head hadn't meant I forgot one of the reasons I went to Office Max. The above picture is of a pair of thrummed mittens I made in the fall as a model to take when vending at fiber festivals. The leaves in the background have now disappeared under a layer of snow.

There have been some complaints from Seamus (Caitlin's cat) that Gerard (Conor's cat) had his picture in the blog, but Seamus hasn't had his, so here is a picture of the handsome Seamus. He was helping me choose yarn and fiber to make Thrummed Mitten Kits. He is not only handsome, but helpful as well.


I think it's time to give the computer a little rest and cast on for another pair of thrummed mittens. The pair I finished last night was pink, this pair is destined for a young man, so navy blue is the main color. I think thrummed mittens are awesome, so warm and soft, and I enjoy making them.

No comments:

Post a Comment