Monday, February 16, 2009

Home Again

We're back from Saranac Lake and I am exhausted.  It's hard work going to Winter Carnival and being awakened several times during the night by some very vociferous carnival goers.   I will post more tomorrow, but will share a couple of pictures now.


The theme for the Winter Carnival this year was Pirates and here is the Grand Marshall of the Parade.  The parade was one of the best I've been to in a long time.  A lot of creativity and time went into the floats and costumes.  

This float represented the store where Caitlin works, cooking and baking yummy vegetarian and vegan food.
 
There are many more parade pictures, which I will share another day,  but I need to get myself to bed, since I have to work tomorrow.  I can't go until I share some pictures of my new grandpuppy.  She is absolutely adorable, and a very good girl, but also very, very large.  We walked down to the ice castle and she was such a good girl on the walk.  Isn't she cute?

Caitlin's cat Sterling, was not quite as happy to meet Begonia as we were.  I have never seen a cat quite so fluffy, she even had a mohawk on top of her head.

There were also some sounds coming out of Sterling which I have never really heard from a cat before.  All Begonia wanted to do was play-poor Begonia, misunderstood by Sterling the puffed up cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment