Saturday, February 28, 2009

Random Thoughts

This will be a short and random post today.  I didn't want to let another week go by without a post, not wanting to disappoint Andrea.  She told me she checks every day to see what I have written.

1.  I want to resign from my job of mother, but am not sure where to turn in my resignation.  Any ideas?  I have tried to do this several times over the last 12 or 13 years, but no one would take my resignation letter.  I will just say that being a single parent to an almost 18 year old young  man is not always easy, and I really don't want to do it any more.  However, I realize I have to and I'm sure we'll get through this battle of wills.

2.  On our way home from Saranac Lake a couple of weeks ago we saw this beautiful sunset.  When I stopped to take a picture, an Amish buggy turned around and started driving toward us.  We often see Amish buggies on our way to and from Saranac Lake, but never with quite such a beautiful backdrop.


3.  A new book was waiting for me when I arrived home today.  It is Knitting Socks with Handpainted Yarns by Carol J. Sulcoski.  I am trying to be more discerning in my knitting book purchases, but felt this was a book that would be quite useful, and has many patterns in it which I can't wait to try.  I am not allowing myself to cast on another pair of socks though, until I finish the two I now have on my needles.   

4.  Tomorrow I'm planning to have a dyeing day.  I am working on creating some shades of green-it will be interesting to see what comes out of the dye pot.  

5.  Seamus has arrived to tell me it's time to go to bed.  He has a habit of sitting on my arms, which makes typing a little difficult, so that's it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment