Thursday, March 19, 2009

The Day of the Migraine

A migraine has invaded my head and won't leave me alone.  It's finally feeling a bit better, so thought I would say hello.  When I could leave the dark I did some re-skeining of what I dyed over the weekend.  It's so pretty.  I promise to take pictures soon.   Here is a colorway I dyed a while ago but haven't posted on etsy yet.  It is bright and cheerful for spring. Don't forget that tomorrow is the first day of spring-a wonderful thing.
 
Hoping for cat pictures?  Here is Gerard on his new scratching box.  He not only enjoys scratching it, but sitting upon it as well.  You may notice that he spills over the sides quite a bit. Gerard is a rather large cat, you see.

Here's Seamus holding down fiber for me so it doesn't escape.  I shooed him away as soon as I took the picture and told him very sternly that he is not to lie on top of fiber, even though it is very soft and warm.  He promised to never do it again.  This is fiber I dyed for myself.  I do keep the cats away from fiber I sell.


I believe that part of the reason for my headache was a very limited amount of sleep last night, so I am on my way to bed.  

But before I go, I want to share one of my favorite Internet addictions.  It is called Free Rice and is a vocabulary game created by a parent who couldn't get his son to study for the SAT's.  The good thing about the game, and the reason it is called Free Rice, is that for each word that the player gets correct, 10 grains of rice are donated to starving people.  Tthat way it feels not quite so much like you are wasting time playing the game, or at least that is what I tell myself.  So go and play and feed some starving children.

No comments:

Post a Comment