Sunday, March 8, 2009

A Lazy Sunday

Caitlin is home and made a delicious dinner of chicken marsala, mashed potatoes and glazed carrots.  It was a very yummy meal, and she made enough so that we can have leftovers tomorrow.  The washer and dryer have been very busy since she got home.   Conor helped out  by making some delicious chocolate chip cookies. 

Things are not going so well with the three cats.  Seamus has turned into a devil cat-hissing and scratching since Sterling arrived last night.  Gerard seems to be handling the intruder better, but there is a little hissing happening with him too.  

Caitlin and I have been sharing a bottle of wine this evening.  It's good, but making me sleepy.  We have a new wine store in Massena.  It's exciting to see a relatively upscale store going into downtown Massena.  Maybe it is the beginning of the revitalization of the downtown area.

Grocery shopping was also on the agenda today,  and a short trip to Office Max, where there was a 70% off sale on the cutest office supplies, so I had fun buying some things to help keep the business organized.  Of course, I also had to buy some pens.   I have an addiction to buying pens-I've been good lately, so treated myself to some Sharpie pens which are like regular pens and are not supposed to bleed-a good quality in a pen.

Yesterday while waiting for Travis and Caitlin to get off work I sat in on a knitting class at Mountain Gift and Powder.  Gaye is now going to be selling my sock yarn, so that's exciting.  It's my first retail outlet that will be selling my products.  While there, I finished the striped mittens I was making and started a new sock-it's a kit from Fleece Artist.  You hold a strand of wool and a strand of mohair together.  There are only 32 stitches, so it's a sock that goes really quickly and makes an unbelievably soft and comfortable sock.  I would show a picture, but I seem to have misplaced my camera cord again.   

No comments:

Post a Comment