Sunday, March 15, 2009

Spring is On It's Way

Not that the weather is improving much, at least in terms of warmer temperatures, but spring must be arriving soon, since it is already March 14th.  Thinking about a trip we took to Cranberry Lake in the spring last year I remembered these photos, which I would like to share with you.  I can't wait to get up there again.  This is taken from the lawn.

The lawn was covered with these little yellow flowers.  Lisa and I found the name of the flower in one of our flower identification books, but I can't remember what it it called.  It must be I had never been at camp when this particular flower was blooming, because I had never seen one before.


This is taken from the front porch.  The dead tree to the left, and the evergreen trees to the right are the home to many different kinds of birds.  We had a great time bird watching last summer.  Can't wait to do it again.

Conor doesn't know it yet, but I have plans for him to make me several of these little tripods to put in my garden in Massena.  It needs some height in the landscape and I think these will do the trick.  

I know he will be thrilled at the opportunity to help me improve the garden. 

Now returning to the real world, Suzanne and Trina came over to knit this afternoon, always a fun time.  I spent the rest of the day knitting and watching the first season of Weeds on Netfilx. I was all set not to like it, because of the subject matter, but I think it is a well done series, as far as I have seen.  I do like Mary-Louise Parker as an actress.  I enjoyed her work on West Wing as well.  

I also watched the Graham Norton Show this evening.  I love this show.  He is very funny, and usually has two guests, one a star of some sort, and the other a comedian. I was hoping it was the episode with Greg Kinnear that the Yarn Harlot talked about in her blog, but that will be on next week.  I have learned not to consume beverages while watching the show because it is not a pleasant feeling to inhale liquids while laughing.  If you have BBC America, I highly recommend it.

Something unusual occurred this evening, I cooked dinner.  I made an old standby-brown some ground beef or ground turkey with a chopped up onion, add a large can of chopped tomatoes, about half a can of water, and 1/2 pound or so of macaroni, garlic salt or powder, salt and pepper.  Cover the pan and boil until the pasta is cooked.  If it seems too dry and pasta hasn't cooked, add a little more water.  It's yummy and fast.  We usually sprinkle it with grated Permesan cheese after it is done cooking.  It was lucky I made a lot because two of Conor's friends also ate with us.  And now three of them are spending the night and playing Resident Evil 5, an x-box game that just came out yesterday.  They just need to be quiet so I can go to sleep.

While in Saranac Lake last week I saw a friend briefly who gave me a belated Christmas gift. Part of the gift was two skeins of Art Yarns Supermerino in Color 153.  The colorway has purple-pale and dark, pink-pale and dark, and turquoise-pale and dark, and is very pretty.  I am trying to choose which sock to make from Knitting Socks with Handpainted Yarn by Carl Sulcoski. There are so many great patterns in the book it is hard to choose.

In keeping with my goal to even up the number of Gerard and Seamus pictures, here is a picture of Seamus sitting on my very clean kitchen counter.  My kitchen does not usually look this clean, it must have been taken on a day when there was a house showing when we were trying to sell the house. 


No comments:

Post a Comment